This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
“Abundance Mindset” gets thrown around a lot these days. And the truth about abundance mindset it can be hard to maintain, especially for successful people.
But first, let’s dig into what the hell an abundance mindset actually is. Here are some key traits of an abundance mindset:
- Plenty, not lack: With an abundance mindset, you believe there is more than enough for everyone. Don’t have enough customers? That’s ok, you can find more.
- Embracing, not resisting change: With an abundance mindset, you believe that change is good. Yes, it may be difficult and maybe even painful, but change is inevitable.
- Proactive, not reactive: With an abundance mindset, you take responsibility for what you want and proactively work towards it, instead of waiting for it to happen.
- Happiness, not resentment: With an abundance mindset, you are genuinely happy for other’s successes. (Because you there is more than enough for everyone.)
- Thinking big instead of thinking small: With an abundance mindset, you don’t see limitations and are able to think and dream big. Really big.
- Growing and learning, not stagnant and stuck: With an abundance mindset, you fully embrace a growth mindset and believe that you can grow as a person and learn new things.
Sounds good, what’s the problem?
It’s really easy to have an abundance mindset when you are starting your business and have less to lose. But the truth about abundance mindset is the more you have to lose, the harder it is to maintain. When you’re at the bottom of the mountain, you have to believe you can actually climb the damn thing, or why would you even try?
But, once you’ve climbed to the top of the mountain, it’s easy to look down at the other climbers and believe they are coming to push you off the mountaintop. Friend, that is a mindset problem-o!
Tips to Nurture an Abundance Mindset
- Stop looking outward, and start looking inward: Instead of focusing on what is lacking externally, focus on what is abundant internally. You are a wealth of ideas and opportunities to explore.
- Practice gratitude: So simple, so powerful. When you are grateful for what you have, you open yourself up to receive more.
- Focus on growth: Scarcity believes you can’t grow. Abundance believes you can.
- Train your brain: Is your brain filled with abundance or scarcity? When you find yourself having thoughts of lack, answer “Ok, but” and transform that thought into one of abundance. I don’t have enough money to buy this course I really want. Ok, but, I can find similar free resources and start saving up to get this course next month.
- Mind your mouth: Negative talk is the the native language of scarcity.
Developing an abundance mindset can be relatively easy, but nurturing it takes work. Sometimes it can feel like you need a daily or hourly mindset reset. Keep at it, friend!
Need more goodness like this in your life? Why don’t you invite me over to your place? And by place, I mean your inbox. Subscribe to my newsletter and you’ll score my free-fifty-free Crafting Your Mission worksheet, plus periodic love notes from me. See you in your inbox!